Having this problem?
Looking for a way to make only the UI matches to what is designed in Photoshop? Don’t want artists to change any workflow because you are in the middle of development? Try this.
Continue reading “3D scene need Linear but UI need Gamma”
Visual Effect Graph is so fun to play with! It’s available in 2018.3
Continue reading “VFX Graph learn and play”
If you are using 2019.1+, you might notice there is a big change to the SRP APIs.
I’ve created a new repository and you can grab here. Much cleaner and minimal.
(My playground pipeline)
Here lists out exact what codes enable the Unity feature when making our custom SRP.
*Note that my codes may not be perfectly optimised, but the concept itself won’t change.
*Hope the information is accurate enough. I’ll keep them updated.
In pipeline code
In shader code
✅ Doesn’t need to specifically care about it in codes. Write the codes as usual.
Continue reading “[Custom SRP] How to use Unity features?”
(3D by StungaLab)
Direct means CPU give something to GPU
Indirect means CPU tells GPU to get something in GPU
Continue reading “Indirect Compute Shader”
Import time – when you create a .shader file
- compile the shader variants only when needed, etc. platform, variants
Build time – when you build a player
- [level 1] ShaderLab -> glsl or hlsl or …etc
- if platform supports, from [level 2] hlsl -> IL or MetalSL to AIR…etc
- Cache identical shaders under Library/ShaderCache
- compile only not-yet-ever-compiled shaders (variants for this platform only)
Run time – when you open the app
- [level 3] glsl or hlsl or IL or AIR…etc -> driver (GPU bytecode)
- because target device is unknown for PC/mobile at buildtime
- Depends on driver, when to compile these codes e.g. only when it’s used
- use shader pre-warm to “use” shaders to trigger compilation
Sources from lukasc, robs, Unity Manual and https://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/05/06/shader-compilation-in-unity-4-5/
I know many people are curious about how to make shaders available for Shuriken Particle System to use, the concept is very simple!!
Continue reading “Unity Shader for Shuriken Particle System”